and Complementary Remedies for Cardiovascular Health
To relax and invigorate your heart muscle, reflexologists suggest that you focus on the heart, colon and pituitary gland reflexes on your feet.
Try working these reflexes on your hands or feet: solar plexus;
diaphragm and chest; lung, heart and shoulder; arm; neck; thoracic and cervical spine;
intestine, with emphasis on sigmoid colon; and adrenal gland.
reflexology heart tune-up
You can do this in just 10 minutes.
1. Begin with the Reflexology Warm-Up exercises. This will help you relax and tones
2. First work on the heart reflex zones. It is found on the sole of the left foot, between the diaphragm line and the base of the toes. Work the entire area, thumb walking up, down, and across, giving even pressure as you
3. Work on zones 1 and 2 (below the big toe and first toe) of the right foot, using the thumb walk.
4. Work the chest area, located on the top of your foot. This area runs from the base of the toes up about 2 inches toward your ankle. Use the finger walk in the grooves between the toes.
5. Work the corresponding areas on the palm of your left and right hands.
6. Work the spine reflex, especially the upper and mid-spine, on both your hands and feet. These reflexes are located on the inside edge of both feet (zone 1). Work slowly up and down the foot using the thumb walk technique.
See Also: Reflexology
for Stress Management
remedies are not meant to be used as a treatment for heart attack. If you suspect a heart attack, seek emergency medical treatment immediately.